Hello Everyone, My name is Nimrit Basra. I am in Grade 10 at Sullivan Heights Secondary School. This blog is about my Active Learning. Here you can find my Fitness Scores, Pictures, Videos, and Links to websites I use or think can help with physical fitness. I hope you enjoy reading my blog!
We are Infinite
Friday, June 5, 2015
Final Buddy Visit
On Tuesday, we had our last buddy visit and it was bittersweet. I didn't realize how much I had started looking forward to seeing my buddy the next time we went, but it turns out it was a lot. I enjoyed being able to be a older role model and friend for my little buddy and getting to know him. For the last visit, I took some Lego for him and we made a captain America shield that he kept because he said that he was one of his favourite super heroes. He gave me a tour of his classroom and showed me some pictures he had made, which reminded me of how proud I used to be when I showed my work to someone. This experience has taught me how easy it is to make someone happy by thinking of them first and giving them your full attention instead of being distracted with your own problems. By being around my little buddy, I really was able to let go of my problems for half an hour on those Tuesday's and just relax and have fun. In the end, I hope I was able to impact my little buddy and make him happy the way he was able to do so for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Did you see how many other little buddies wanted to join in? You had 5/6 just watching you. The best part of all of this is that you went out of your way to connect to your buddy and what you knew about him. If others were this sensitive and attentive to their little buddy's interests they would have felt way less awkward. It is a special part of your personality how in tune you are with others. Such a strength … just be careful not to become a martyr for others. Often our greatest strength is our biggest weakness in a different situation. Yours lends you to have others garner power over you and your can burn out trying to be everything to everyone. So choose wisely… but keep the caring spirit. :)
ReplyDelete