We are Infinite

We are Infinite

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Active Learning- Reflection

So far this year, I have shown I am prepared for class by bringing my gym strip. I have shown I am willing to participate by always having a positive attitude and I am constantly excited to try new things. I am always willing to help set up, take down, and organize activities our class does on choice days, such as volleyball and dodge ball. Since I am in grade 10 and the majority of the block is younger than me, I always ask if they need help with blogs or if they need clarification on activities and fitness exercises. Unlike previous years, I enjoy fitness days (even though it is hard and tiring) because now have a better understanding of my body. I know and can recognize the difference between when I just want to give up, and when I have pushed myself to the very limit and cannot go any further because I am completely exhausted. Overall, I always try my best in class and am always willing to help others when they need it.

I contribute to the overall success of the class because I always come to class with a positive attitude.  I am hard working and constantly encourage my classmates to participate and try their best.  I interact well with the other students in the class. I help out when my peers ask me to. I set up, take down, and organize activities on choice days. As I said before, since I'm part of the older group of students now, I make sure I'm always being a good role model, no matter what the activity is.

Example:













Fitness days aren't as challenging for me as they were last year and the year before for multiple reasons. What I mean by this is that I personally believe I'm in the best physical condition of my life right now because of the amount of field hockey and Tae Kwon Do I do. I also go running on a regular basis to keep my fitness level to the max. On fitness days, I always try my best and put 110% into whatever fitness we are doing, so it is still challenging, but in different ways than it used to be. Right now, I'm at a 9.1 for my beep test score and my goal is to achieve a score of 9.5 or higher by the end of the year, which I believe I will be able to reach. On fitness days, I always motivate my peers to do their best and put in their full effort.

Example:

To me, leadership means to be a good role model and a helpful peer in the class.  People who encourage and motivate you to do better are leaders. Leaders help organize activities for the class and make sure they run smoothly and all the rules are followed. In our class, I believe there are a lot of role models who help and motivate their peers to try their best and participate. Everyone is really supportive and always cheering each other on. I believe the grade 10's are putting in a good effort to help the grade 9's out with many things, such as gym blogs and always motivating them to do their best.

I update my PE blog on a regular basis and write about my active living, inside school and outside of school. I write about choice activities, fitness days, field hockey, tae kwon do, and fun activities I do with my family and friends. I also help the grade 9's in our class with their blogs.

Example:

Overall, I believe that I deserve the work habit "G" and a 95% (A) for my efforts so far in this year :)

5 comments:

  1. I really like your blogs Nimrit keep it up and by the way you have really great evidence =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is amazing. Everything is nice and organized and overall great! Keep up the blogging :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so fun and are a really good inspiration to others. You are an amazing leader and I applaud you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on your blogs I think youve been doing a good job this year keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep rocking Nimrit. Your blog, behaviour and effort in class are all a good example for your peers. I appreciate your effort to keep improving physically and personally. I really like to hear about your new training from Field Hockey and Tae Kwon Do as well as how you now run on your own. Keep sharing examples, pics and vids for us. What about diet?

    ReplyDelete